Below is a list of required gear and recommended gear. While we strive to ensure a safe and fun day, sometimes you get stuck, you may hit something important, and we always plan for as many scenarios as we can.
- GMRS radio – Like this one or similar
- 5 Gallons of additional gas – We love this can
- Tire repair patch kit – This is a great kit
- Basic recovery gear – Kinetic straps, shackle, hitch receiver recovery point
- Spare fluids – oil, diff fluid
- Basic tools for repairs, including a floor jack or bottle jack, hi-lift optional
- Portable compressor to air up – A popular one we see on the trail
- Ability to air down tires – We love our Stauns
- 1 gallon of water minimum per person in your vehicle, per day, and enough food for an unexpected overnight on the trail
- Spare air filter or ability to clean your air filter before driving home – it gets dusty!
- Sunscreen or sun blocking shirts – These are great!